I have always been a fan of pasta, I mean come on.. who isn’t. It was always hard for me to justify making pasta because of the noodles.
Everything I put into my body has to benefit me in some way, fuel and recharge me with nutrients. Since zucchini has been my favorite for many years, zucchini noodles seemed like the best alternative.
I don’t always have the time to spiral out my zucchini into noodles and recently discovered this lovely ready to go freshly packaged zucchini noodles from Cece’s Veggie Co.
Here is the recipe for my Vegan Spicy Sausage Zucchini Pasta.
Vegan Spicy Sausage Zucchini Pasta
- 1 Package of Cece’s Veggie Co. Noodled Organic Zucchini
- 1 cup of sliced Organic Grape Tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/4 cup diced Yellow Onion
- 1 sliced Field Roast Vegan Smoked Apple Sage Sausage
- 1/3 cup of From the heart Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 bottle of Mezzetta Calabrian Chili & Garlic Spicy Marinara Sauce
- 1 to 1/12 Tablespoons of Black truffle infused olive oil
- ground pepper ( optional – add to your liking)
- fresh basil as garnish ( you can also cook a few leaves in the sauce)
In a large saucepan at medium heat add black truffle infused olive oil with diced garlic and onion. Allow the garlic and onion to wilt and golden in color. Add sliced tomato and let tomatoes start to wilt. The tomato should start to break apart a bit. Following the tomato add in the vegan smoked apple sage sausage slices and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add Cece’s Veggie co. Noodled organic zucchini package and follow packing timing for cooking. Should take only a few minutes. Add pepper to liking.
While the Zucchini is cooking in a separate sauce pan add about half of the container of Mezzetta Calabrian Chili & Garlic Spicy Marinara sauce on medium heat, stir frequently. This is where you can add the basil leaves if you’d like.
Plate Zucchini noodle mixture add sauce top with From the Heart Vegan Mozzarella Shreds and fresh basil leaves and ENJOY!!!
Let me know how it turns out! This has become one of my staple meals when I am craving pasta! So flavorful, fulfilling and good for you!
Would love to see your plates! Here’s mine! 😉