serving size 12
1 cup (250g) Peanut Butter
2/3 cup (80g) Powdered Sugar
2 and 1/2 cups (438g) Vegan Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips*
1 oz (28g) Roasted Salted Peanuts (Crushed, for Topping)
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Add the peanut butter and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix together. It will be very thick, just keep mixing until the powdered sugar has all been mixed smoothly into the peanut butter.
- Place 1 and 1/2 cups (263g) of the vegan chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted. If the chocolate is a little thick then add in a teaspoon of coconut oil and stir it in, it will make the chocolate easier to work with.
- Spoon chocolate evenly into the cupcake liners, lining the bottoms and then using a small brush to brush the chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liners. Place into the freezer for the chocolate to set.
- When the chocolate bases have set, divide the peanut butter mixture evenly between them, using all of it. Then use a spoon to smooth the peanut butter mixture evenly.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup (175g) of vegan chocolate and then spoon it out over the top of the peanut butter centers, smoothing it out with a teaspoon, and then return the tray to the freezer to set. This will close off your peanut butter cups so they are entirely chocolate coated.
- When the chocolate has set, sprinkle crushed peanuts over the top.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated as once the chocolate has been melted it is no longer tempered and will melt easily once removed from the fridge.
You can use 1 can of no salt added fire roasted tomatoes to help reduce the sodium content of the recipe.
You can use either vegan chocolate chips or any vegan chocolate broken into pieces. If you are measuring by cups only (not weighing it), then it would be a heaped cup of chocolate squares, or a level cup of chocolate chips.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @blackrabbitbabe on Instagram and hashtag it #blackrabbitbabe
Credit: Loving It Vegan